Production Lighting Designer
PCE, a live events production company, is looking for a Production Lighting Designer to support our company in Huntington Beach, CA. This is a fantastic opportunity to utilize your experience creatively. Here at PCE, no two set-ups are the same. PCE focuses on offering a remarkable client experience through customer service and industry expertise. At PCE, it doesn't matter what it is, if the client can dream it, we can do it! PCE thrives on challenges beyond the norm and prides itself on promoting a gratifying workplace in this fast-paced, always-changing industry.
This role will report directly to the operations management, performing wide-ranging tasks in a fast-paced environment. Most work will take place at a job site. Additionally, this is a client-facing role that will require daily interaction with front-line customers.
You will be expected to carry out the duties and responsibilities described below, as well as all other duties and responsibilities as assigned. These duties and responsibilities are periodically updated to reflect business needs.
Support/develop lighting design for theme parks, concerts, theatrical shows, and other live events, but not limited to:
• Ability to design lights and draw lighting plots with AutoCAD, Vectorworks or Lightwrite.
• Ability and understanding of how to balance power and loads.
• Understanding of programming methodology, DMX, profiles, patching, and universes.
• Understanding the appropriate color choices and use of color for the appropriate genre of job.
• This is not a white glove design role; applicants should be ready to get their hands dirty. Example: Running DMX, hanging and focusing fixtures, power distribution, rigging, and dealing with generators on occasion.
• Designing around the PCE rental inventory.
• Integrating both PCE-owned rental assets and client house equipment.
• Troubleshoot and perform basic lighting repair. Example: Fixing a stuck shutter, replacing a connector, etc.
• Demonstrates a professional and friendly working rapport and demonstrates fantastic customer service skills, integrity, and reliability.
• Be flexible and creative with design to meet customer needs and budgets.
• Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
• Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Participates in pre-and post-event meetings with clients, customers, and internal staff as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
• When not working in an LD/ME capacity, you will be utilized in various technician roles or working in the warehouse helping wherever needed.
• Internal reporting to upper management as required.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
• At least two years of experience in lighting design.
• At least one console proficiency. Example: GrandMA, High-End Systems, ETC, etc.
• Comprehensive lighting design experience in theme parks, concerts, theatrical and live event lighting.
• Broad general education with relevant entertainment industry experience.
• Working knowledge of sales principles and practices, and the function and capability of entertainment technology equipment.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Flexibility to work a variety of hours including weekends.
• Leadership and the ability to recognize the contribution of all team members.
• Experienced in the safe practices of calculation, distribution, metering, and balancing of power loads.
• Extensive experience in the set-up, patching, and operation of conventional, intermediate, and advanced lighting consoles.
• Strong understanding of conventional, LED, and automated fixtures.
• Extensive experience in hanging cabling, and patching lighting fixtures of all types.
• Experience assembling truss.
• Working knowledge of the principles and practices of workplace safety.
• Exceptional sense of priority; Strong organizational skills; Customer oriented service; Tact; Professionalism; Physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position.
• Applicant must desire longevity and growth within this role.
PCE is an equal-opportunity employer. PCE offers a range of employer-sponsored health coverage, including medical, dental, vision, and chiropractic packages, as well as vacation allowances, for all full-time employees. The Qualified Candidate will be subject to drug screening and live scan upon hire and on a random basis thereafter.
Resume accepted via email ONLY. Please send your resume to [email protected] with the subject line "Production Lighting Designer".